Tuesday

PASSION FRUIT AND CHOCOLATE TRIFLE

Leia em PORTUGUÊS



A long time ago, I made this trifle from a recipe of  Álvaro Rodrigues, a Brazilian Chef, presented in one of these culinary TV shows. I found out that the combination passion fruit X chocolate is wonderful!    Last weekend I made this dessert again and it was a huge success, again! It's a shame the decoration wasn't as good as I would've liked, it was made in a rush to take to my sister's birthday lunch.


Every time I use passion fruit as the main ingredient of a dessert, I think it is really nice to use its seeds as a decoration and as an identity. However, I dislike having to chew these seeds while eating the dessert and this is why I almost always omit it. This time I had a brilliant idea! I made fake seeds using mini chocolate chips. I simply melted a very small amount of dark chocolate and piped little drops on a piece of parchment paper, put it in the fridge to solidify and added  to the chilled sauce. Doesn't it look like the real thing? 



PASSION FRUIT TRIFLE

Passion Fruit Cream

1 can sweetened condensed milk
200ml fresh cream (or ultra pasteurized cream)
1/2 cup pure passion fruit pulp, blended and strained (or concentrate)

Whisk all ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.

Whipped Cream

500ml heavy cream, chilled
3 tbsp sugar

Whip cream and sugar together until firm.

Assembling the Trifle

200g Marie biscuits
100g dark chocolate (coarsely grated)

In a rectangular dish, arrange 1/3 of the biscuits. Spread 1/3 of the passion fruit cream, then 1/3 of the chocolate, and 1/3 of the whipped cream. Repeat until all ingredients have finished. Finish with cream, decorate making little wells for the sauce or piping cream around the dish to make a pool of sauce. Pour the chilled sauce on top and chill overnight.

Passion Fruit Sauce

1/2 cup passion fruit pure pulp, blended and strained (or concentrate)
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
In a small sauce pan, dissolve corn starch in the water and add other ingredients. Cook on medium heat, stirring, until it starts boiling. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Chill before adding chocolate " seeds" .






6 comments:

  1. Cataploft!!

    Espetáculo e deve ser uma delícia também!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't hardly tell those supposingly passionfruits seeds are mini chocolate chips! Very clever!

    And this is a very special treat!

    Sawadee from Bangkok,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally fooled me with those chocolate 'seeds'! I love passionfruit, but it is so expensive here. When I travel anywhere hot, I eat enough to give myself a rash! I even like the seeds. This sounds like a great recipe, and the creamy part is much like a dessert I used to have at a Brazilian restaurant in Toronto.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I didn't think about chocolate and passionfruit. Nice to learn! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i would definitely want to work with a fresh passion fruit one day.. the chocolate drop 'seeds' are genius idea! and you're piping are really uniform.. good job Renata! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever with the fake seeds - have never thought to make my own chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete

Devido ao grande número de mensagens de "spam", Testado, Provado & Aprovado não aceita mais comentários anônimos. Desculpem o transtorno.

Due to the large number of spam messages, Testado, Provado & Aprovado no longer accepts anonymous comments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...